Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bean Recipe

Um, I made a pan of beans right after I posted this recipe, and I think it needs another 2-3 teaspoons of chili powder. It was good and I ate a bowl, but it needed to be a bit more savory. Also, my friend Lucy (see link) asked if I didn't soak my beans overnight to make this. No, I didn't. It would certainly be a good idea if you are one of those wonderful think ahead type people. If you cover your beans with at least twice the water the night before and let it sit, you can drain the water off the next day, put new water in to cover, plus a couple of inches more and cook it. It will reduce cooking time and may also reduce the amount of gas it causes in some people. I hope that I haven't made it more complicated than it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment